Test frameworks: RSpec, Capybara, MiniTest, PyTest, Jest.
Cloud infrastructure: AWS EC2, ECS, RDS (PostgreSQL), AWS Lambda, SQS, CloudFormation, Docker, Kubernetes (EKS).
Methodologies and practices: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, CI/CD, DevOps, TDD/BDD.
Nov 2017 – Present
Navisite is a cloud services provider and an IT consulting company. I’m part of the team responsible for the multi-cloud provisioning platform.
- Developed the snapshots/backup platform with support for AWS EC2, RDS, Oracle Compute, and Azure Compute instances in multiple cloud regions and time zones.
- Developed integrations with 3rd-party cloud APIs, such as AWS (EC2, RDS, among others), Oracle Cloud, and Azure. These integrations are used in provisioning, maintenance, and disaster recovery automation.
- Developed a new REST API for the platform, following the JSON API specification.
- Developed a command-line interface (CLI) for the REST API using Go. Migrated part of the platform towards a serverless architecture using Python and AWS Lambda with Docker (work in progress).
Mar 2017 – Nov 2017
São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Acesso is a fintech specialized in payment solutions. I was part of the team responsible for core services. Some of our achievements:
- Developed a new embossing system for prepaid credit cards. It had a microservices architecture, was written in Clojure, and used RabbitMQ to exchange messages.
- Developed integrations with 3rd-party APIs and services to automatically issue credit card numbers, add customer details, order credit cards from the provider and get them delivered to the customer.
I implemented a complete CI/CD pipeline with Docker as the deployment environment for the microservices.
Oct 2013 – Feb 2017
São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Locaweb offers services of web hosting, cloud computing, and SaaS applications, among other enterprise solutions. I was part of the SaaS division assigned to the Email Marketing team. Some of our significant achievements were as follows:
- Refactored a large Ruby on Rails application that served millions of requests per day and was used by hundreds of customers daily. We migrated the core database from MongoDB to PostgreSQL and achieved the goals of reducing infrastructure costs, solve scalability issues, and simplify system administration.
- Developed a migration tool in Ruby to migrate customers’ data from the legacy MongoDB application to the new PostgreSQL-based application. We designed the tool in a way that minimal downtime was required.
- Developed a multitenant solution with database sharding for the same application to provide customers with a faster and more secure experience, allow the database to scale when required, and simplify its maintenance.
I was also assigned to work with the SMTP team, responsible for the transactional email service.
- Developed new features in the Python back-end and also in the customer-facing Ruby on Rails application.
- Developed a new email tracker in Python.
- Developed new anti-abuse and anti-spam tools in the back-end application.
- Implemented a new analyzer for bounced emails.
Jun 2011 – Sep 2013
São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Concrete is a tech consulting company. They offer software development and cloud consulting services to businesses in multiple industries. I worked for them in the team responsible for the following projects:
- Development of a payment gateway for the Brazilian e-commerce market, which had a customer-facing website and a REST API for developers to integrate their systems.
- Development of a back-office application for customer support and other administrative tasks Integration with 3rd-party APIs to process payments, conciliate transactions, and add support for anti-fraud analysis.
- Development of open-source Ruby gems to abstract and simplify the integration with SOAP-based APIs from 3rd-party service providers.
After that project ended, I was assigned to work on-site at Locaweb developing and maintaining Ruby on Rails applications. These applications had MySQL, MongoDB, or PostgreSQL databases, and Resque or Sidekiq for background jobs. We used RSpec and Capybara to write automated tests.
I also worked on recovering a legacy platform used by freelancers and digital agencies to list their services. I fixed bugs and security issues, upgraded dependencies, and added tests using RSpec. This recovery made it possible to add new features to the platform.
Aug 2010 – Jun 2011
Erechim, RS, Brazil
Astrus is a digital agency that offers web development, e-commerce, and digital marketing services. My responsibilities there as a software developer included developing and maintaining customers’ websites and internal systems.
- Developed new features for in-house projects, such as the content management system (CMS) and the e-commerce platform using PHP and MySQL.
- Developed a new platform for local e-commerce using Ruby, Ruby on Rails, and MySQL.
- Developed a proof of concept based on WordPress to reduce costs and the effort required to maintain an in-house CMS.
- Implemented new integrations with 3rd-party payment systems in the e-commerce platform.
Mar 2009 – Jan 2010
diHITT was a social news website where users could submit links to articles, discuss and vote on these submissions. I worked remotely for this company as a programmer and was responsible for developing new features and maintaining both the back-end and the front-end.
- Developed new features in the back-end using Ruby, Ruby on Rails, and MySQL.
- Refactored the back-end to solve scalability issues, reduce infrastructure costs and improve response times.
- Implemented improvements for existing features such as voting, messaging, and sharing tools.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering
Anhembi Morumbi University. 2012 - 2017. São Paulo, SP, Brazil.